Wednesday, September 3, 2014

They say I am slow, I can't walk fast on the road.
I fall at times.
Son, there was a time I could run
To catch a bus or to win a race
There were times I slowed down too
To keep pace with your little feet
To walk and talk to you on your way back from school

They say I am hard of hearing,
I ask too many times.
I am deaf.
Son, I could hear and can even now
It's just that the voice is not so clear.
Therefore, I ask, ask and ask again.
Son, there was a time when you were little
Would ask questions, and question again
I answered them all

They say my mind wanders...the fearful word
Dementia.
Son, but my mind I had at one time,
I still have
It's just that I've lost the time-line frame.
It's this mind that taught you how to read
To reason, to discern
Can you not wait for me to catch up
On my rambling?

1 comment:

Ronita said...

Touched my heart......life is nothing but coming full circle